Posted on: 18 September 2023
Schedules and New Circuits for Exploring Machu Picchu
The authorities of Machu Picchu have established specific routes to preserve this world-renowned archaeological site. Each visitor now follows a designated circuit according to their type of ticket, be it the Machu Picchu Solo ticket, which includes Huayna Picchu, covers Machupicchu Mountain, incorporates Huchuy Picchu Mountain, or encompasses the Inca Bridge.
Established Circuits for Your Machu Picchu Visit
To ensure a smooth and enriching experience at Machu Picchu, consider these important details:
- Ticket Purchase: Obtain your entrance ticket in advance.
- Entrance Time: Check the entry time on the top left of your ticket. You have a 60-minute window to enter starting from that time.
- Available Circuits:
- The ticket labeled “llaqta de Machupicchu” allows you to choose from the four established circuits.
- If your ticket includes Waynapicchu or Huchuypicchu Mountain, you will follow Circuit 4.
- If your ticket includes the Machupicchu mountain, your route will be Circuit 3.
- Recommended Tour Guide: Visiting Machu Picchu with a tour guide is suggested. This will enhance your experience by providing a deeper understanding of this fascinating site.
Which Circuit and Ticket Is Best for You?
- Machu Picchu Solo Ticket: If this is your first visit to Machu Picchu, this is the ideal choice. It allows you to explore Circuit 2, considered the most comprehensive, which includes the main Inca precincts.
- Machu Picchu with Huayna Picchu Ticket: If you are already familiar with Machu Picchu, this ticket offers the opportunity to take on Circuit 4, which also includes the summit of Huayna Picchu.
Available Circuits for the Machu Picchu Solo Ticket:
- Circuit 1 (2 hours): Explore both the upper and lower parts of the archaeological site, including the main structures and terraced areas.
- Circuit 2 (2 hours 30 minutes): Covers both the upper and lower parts, as well as the main structures of the Inca citadel.
- Circuit 3 (1 hour 30 minutes): Roams the core area of Machu Picchu, including the Casa Inka, Temple of the Sun, and other sites.
- Circuit 4 (1 hour 30 minutes): Encompasses the core area of Machu Picchu, including the Casa Inka, Temple of the Sun, and other precincts, in addition to the Sacred Rock.
Available Tickets for Visiting Machu Picchu:
Machu Picchu with Huayna Picchu Ticket:
- Includes the hike to the summit of Huayna Picchu, the Temple of the Moon, and then the tour of Machu Picchu through Circuit 4.
Machu Picchu with Montaña Ticket:
- Ideal for family hiking and suitable for visitors of all ages. It includes the trek to the summit of Machu Picchu Mountain and allows re-entry to Machu Picchu to explore Circuit 3.
Machu Picchu with Huchuy Picchu Ticket:
- Includes the hike to the summit of Huchuy Picchu Mountain and then the tour of Machu Picchu through Circuit 4.
Machu Picchu with Puente Inca Ticket:
- Ideal for those who want the iconic postcard photo. Covers Circuit 1 or Circuit 2 in Machu Picchu and allows a short hike to the Puente Inca.
These circuits have been meticulously designed to optimize the visitor experience and preserve the precious archaeological structures. They are mandatory and must be followed with the assistance of an optional professional tour guide. Remember that only the Machu Picchu with Montaña ticket allows you to exit and re-enter Machu Picchu, providing an even more enriching experience.
Stay informed about these details, and you’ll be ready to explore Machu Picchu in the most organized and meaningful way possible. Enjoy your journey to this Inca marvel!