7 Lakes of Ausangate Trek Full Day
- Full Day
- group Tour
The 7 Lakes of Ausangate full Day is an new amazing day trip from Cusco. On this trip, you will visit seven lakes with different beautiful colors like green, turquoise, and bright blue, in addition to spectacular mountains part of the Vilcanota range such as Ausagante and Ayancate. After the trek, you can also enjoy a relaxing moment in the thermal baths, with a stunning view on the Ausangate.
- Departure: From 5:00 a.m.
- Duration: 1 Day
- Return to Cusco: Between 6:30 to 7:00 pm
- Maximum Altitude:3,400m/11,220ft
- Walking distance:10 km
- Round trip walking hours: Around 5 hours
The hike will be about 5 hours and will take you along the path where we will see the different lakes like Azulcocha, Otorongo, Pucacocha, Alqacocha y Q’omercocha.
That’s not the only highlight; we will also view the snow covered peaks that surround this area. These include Ausangate (6834 m.), Mariposa or Butterfly (5842 m.), Jampa (5500 m.), Pucapunta ( 5740 m), Caracol or Snail mountain (5625 m.), Tinke (5300 m.) and the whole Qayangate chain of mountains.
Itinerary of the 7 lakes of ausangate full day tour:
Cusco – Pacchanta – 7 Lakes – Cusco
We will pick you up from your accommodation in Cusco around 5:00 am and we will then drive for about two hours to the village of Tinki. From there, we will drive for around one hour more to get to the starting point of our hike, where we will have breakfast. After breakfast, we will start our hike. We will hike for about one and a half hours gently uphill to get to the first lake.
From that point, we will be really close to the other six lakes, and the way will get easier as it will go mostly downhill or flat. We will have plenty of time to take photos of the lakes and glaciers. After the hike, we will have lunch and you will have the opportunity to enjoy a relaxing moment in the thermal baths with a great view of the Ausangate. We will then make our way back to Cusco, which should take around three hours.
Do you want to know more adventures in Cusco?
Check our information on adventures such as:
Price in the 7 lakes of ausangate full day tour:
- 100.00 soles per person for a group services
- 35 dollars per person for a group services
We also offer this tour in private service and the cost is based on your group size.
2 to 6 participants: $260 total
7 to 13 participants: $360 total
14 or more: Will be arranged and priced by your tour representative.
NOTE: We sometimes offer to combine private tours (with your permission) into smaller groups with a discount. Let us know if you would be open to others joining you.
What is included in 7 lakes of ausangate full day tour:
- Pick up from your accommodation in Cusco
- Drop off near the main square
- English/Spanish-speaking professional guide
- Round trip transportation
- Lunch (vegetarian option available)
- Oxygen tank
- First aid kit
Not Included in the 7 lakes of ausangate full day tour:
- Meals not described on the itinerary and snacks
- Tips for the guide and driver
- Walking poles
- Entrance fee to the hot springs (around 5 soles per person)
- Entrance fee to the site in Tinki (10 soles per person)
What to bring
What to bring to the 7 lakes of ausangate full day tour:
- Comfortable hiking shoes with good ankle support and traction
- Small daypack or backpack (approximately 20L)
- Comfortable, lightweight trekking clothes or activewear (layers recommended)
- Waterproof jacket or rain poncho
- Warm coat
- Hat and gloves
- Hand sanitizer
- Sun hat or cap
- Water (at least 1L)
- Personal medications
- Muscle relaxers
- Painkillers or anti-inflammatories
- Band-Aids (especially those designed for blisters)
- Toilet paper
- Cash (in small denominations of Peruvian Nuevos soles)
- Bathing suit (if you want to enjoy the hot springs)
Faq of the 7 lakes of ausangate full day tour:
Where is the start of the hike located?
It is located around 3 hours from Cusco by car.
When does the tour start and finish?
We will start at 5:00 a.m. and finish around 6:30 p.m.
Is lunch included?
Yes, you will receive a lunch.
Is there a toilet on the Transportation?
No, however we can stop for toilet breaks.
What is the maximum altitude?
The maximum altitude we will reach is 4,800m/15,840ft
What will I do if I suffer from altitude sickness?
We will treat you accordingly. We carry oxygen cylinders and altitude tablets.