The Humantay Lake Hike Full Day trip is a beautiful day hike where you can appreciate great views of the turquoise Humantay Lake as well as impressive views of the snowy peaks of Salkantay and Humantay mountains. You can enjoy the energy of these sacred Apus and spectacular views of the Peruvian Andes.
Humantay Lake Hike Full Day
- Full Day
- group Tour
- Daily Departures: From 4:30 a.m.
- Duration: One day
- Return to Cusco: Approximately at 6:00 pm
- Starting point of the hike: (4000m/12,750ft).
- Maximum Altitude: (4,300m, 14,107ft)
- Difficulty: Moderate
- Meals: Breakfast and Lunch
- Adventure: Absolutely
- Hiking Hours: 4 Hours total
Itinerary of the Humantay Lake Hike Full Day:
Cusco – Mollepata – Soraypampa / Humantay lake and return to Cusco
We will pick you up from 4:30 a.m. to 5:00.a.m from your accommodation in Cusco. We will then travel by private van to the village of Mollepata in the rich countryside of the Apurimac valley. The scenic trip lasts for 2 and a half hours before we arrive at Mollepata, where we normally stop for 30 minutes to have breakfast. Then, we will continue our journey towards Soraypampa, where we will start our trek (4000m/12,750ft). We will start hiking up a moderate slope for one and a half hours until we reach Humantay lake (4,300M, 14,107Ft). From this point, we can soak in the spectacular views of the turquoise waters of Humantay Lake that lays peacefully at the base of the picturesque Humantay Glacier and is one of the most stunning places in the Cusco Region. We will continue our downhill trek for one and half hours to Soraypampa located at (4000m/12,750ft), and have lunch. Finally, after an amazing journey, you will travel for 2 1/2 hours in a van before you arrive back at your accommodation. Your arrival time in Cusco will be approximately 6:00 p.m.
Do you want to know more adventures in Cusco?
Check our information on adventures such as:
Price fo the Humantay Lake Hike Full Day:
- 100.00 soles per person for a group services
- 30.00 dollars per person for a group services
We also offer Humantay Lake Hike in private service and the cost is based on your group size.
2 to 6 participants: $250 total
7 to 13 participants: $350 total
14 or more: Will be arranged and priced by your tour representative.
NOTE: We sometimes offer to combine private tours (with your permission) into smaller groups with a discount. Let us know if you would be open to others joining you.
Included in the Humantay Lake Hike Full Day:
- professional guide
- Pick up from your hotel
- Transportation Cusco – Mollepata – Cusco
- Meals: 01 Breakfast- 01 Lunch
- Bilingual accredited professional guide
- First aid kit / oxygen
Does not include in the Humantay Lake Hike Full Day:
- Entrance to the Humantya Lake ( 20 soles per person for foreigners )
- Tips for the guide and driver (optional)
what to bring
What to bring to the Humantay Lake Hike Full Day:
- Small daypack or backpack (approximately 20L)
- Comfortable, lightweight trekking clothes or activewear (layers recommended)
- Comfortable hiking shoes with good ankle support and traction
- Waterproof jacket or rain poncho
- Warm coat
- Hat and gloves
- Hand sanitizer
- Sun hat or cap
- Water (at least 1L)
- Personal medications
- Muscle relaxers
- Painkillers or anti inflammatory
- Band-Aids (especially those designed for blisters)
- Your own medical kit with any special medications you may need, SOROCHI PHILS, blister protection, etc.
- Toilet paper
- Cash (in small denominations of Peruvian nuevo soles)
Faq of the Humantay Lake Hike Full Day:
Where is Humantay lake is Located?
It is located at one and a half hours from Soraypampa base camp of the Salkantay trek, which is located around 3 hours and half from Cusco.
When does the tour start and finish?
Since the location is 3 1/2 hours away from Cusco, we will have an early start at 4.30 a.m. The tour finishes at 6:00 p.m.
Is breakfast and lunch included?
Yes, you take breakfast in Mollepata and the lunch in Soraypampa
Is there a toilet on the Transportation?
No, however we can stop for toilet breaks.
What is the maximum altitude?
The maximum altitude we will reach is (4,300M, 14,107Ft)
What will I do if I suffer from altitude sickness?
We will treat you accordingly. We carry oxygen cylinders and altitude tablets.
What if I can’t hike? Can I take a horse?
Yes. Horses are available. You must arrange directly with the people there. You can expect to pay an addition 90 soles for the horse.