Machu Picchu 1 Day Tour, trip from Cusco Full Day
- Todo el día
- group Tour
A quick way to get to know Machu Picchu 1 day tour, if you do not have much time to be in Cusco Peru, this option is the ideal one for you. You will know through a two-hour guide the most important sectors of Machu Picchu, then you will have an hour to continue visiting on your own and then return to the city of Cusco.
Summary Machu Picchu 1 day tour:
- Modality: Adventure, cultural and ecological
- Duration: 1 day
- Degree of difficulty: None,
- Languages: English, Spanish
- Departure time: 3:30am
Itinerary Machu Picchu 1 day tour:
Cusco-Ollantaytambo. Agua Calientes – Machu Picchu – Cusco
The tour begins with the pick up from your hotel approx. 3:50 a.m., to take you to the Ollantaytambo station, the trip takes approximately one hour and a half to two hours until you reach the train station, once there you can board the Expedition train that could be at 06:10 a.m. will take you to Machu Picchu Pueblo, This train will be arriving at Machu Picchu Pueblo at 7:40 am and at the exit of the train station, your guide will be waiting for you so you can go to the bus station and go up to the citadel of Machu Picchu.
Once in Machu Picchu, you will have a 2-hour guide to get to know and visit the most outstanding places of Machu Picchu, after that you will be able to visit the citadel on your own until departure time, which is at noon. After this you can go down by bus to Machu Picchu town where you will have all the time available to do some other activities, such as visiting the streets of the city, visiting the thermal baths and relaxing, also the Manuel Chávez Ballón Museum, any of these visits You can do it on your own and assume the cost of entry that this implies.
A very important note to take into consideration is that you must be at the train station half an hour before departure. Your return train could leave the Machu Picchu Pueblo station at 6:20 p.m., so you must be at the train station at 5:40 p.m.
Do you want to know more adventures in Cusco?
Check our information on adventures such as:
- MACHU PICCHU 1 DAY TOUR, TRIP FROM CUSCO FULL DAY
- Q’ESWACHAKA INCA BRIDGE AND MACHU PICCHU TOUR 2D/1N
- SHORT INCA TRAIL TO MACHUPICCHU 2D / 1N
- INCA JUNGLE TRAIL TO MACHU PICCHU TREK 3D / 2N
- CHOQUEQUIRAO TREK 4 DAYS / 3 NIGHTS
- SACRED VALLEY TOUR & SHORT INCA TRAIL TO MACHU PICCHU 3 DAYS / 2 NIGHTS
Price Machu Picchu 1 day tour:
270.00 dollars per person
The return train schedule at the end of the Tour/Trek: It is the Expedition Train at 18:20pm or 19:00pm DEPENDING ON AVAILABILITY.
If you prefer the earlier train return we can reserve it for an additional cost of 35 dollars per person; the times you can choose are: 14:55pm or 16:35pm. We also offer the option to reserve the 3:40pm Vistadome train for an additional cost of $65 per person. Please, tell us in advance what is the train schedule of your preference. We inform you that none of the reserved trains go directly to Cusco, the trains only arrive at the Ollantaytambo or Poroy stations. In any of the cases, we will always guarantee the shipment of a transport that will pick them up and bring them back to Cusco.
Can I exchange my return train ticket for an earlier one? in the same station of Aguas Calientes?
Yes, you can make this change in person at the Aguas Calientes train station. However, they will ask you to pay an additional fee to change the ticket and this change will be subject to the availability of spaces and schedules on the train.
How long does the return trip to Cusco take?
It’s about 3 hours. You will first board a train in Aguas Calientes to the train station in Ollantaytambo for 1h30m; then a transfer from our office will be waiting for you at the exit of the train station with a sign that will have your name on it to take you to our car/van back to Cusco for approximately 1h30m; finally it will take you to your hotel/hostel. You will receive your train tickets once your tour in Machu Picchu has finished.
Include / No include
What it includes in Machu Picchu 1 day tour:
- Pick up from the Hotel in Cusco to the train station.
- One-way train tickets in Expedition or Voyager service (PeruRail or IncaRail).
- Guiding service with a professional in the field in Spanish.
- Entrance ticket to the archaeological group of only Machupicchu.
- Bus tickets up and down from Machupicchu.
- Return train tickets in Expedition or Voyager service (PeruRail or IncaRail).
- Pick up from the train station to drop you off near your hotel in Cusco.
- Reservations of tickets, spaces and Agency services.
- Taxes (we issue proof of payment).
Does not include in Machu Picchu 1 day tour:
- Lunch in Aguas Calientes
- Entrance to the hot springs of Aguas Calientes (optional: 10 soles)
- Tips for the guides
What you need to bring to Machu Picchu 1 day tour:
Wear sneakers or light shoes or tennis.
- Drink plenty of fluids on your tours.
- Raincoat (long poncho) in the rainy season. Long-sleeved shirts.
- Long pants.
- Insect repellent.
- Sunscreen, wide-brimmed hat for sunny days.
- Sunglasses, plastic bags.
- Medicine and/or items for personal use (liquid for contact lenses).
- A backpack or light briefcase per person.
- Camera or camcorder and films.
- Bring original documents with which you made your reservation (DNI, Passport, Student Visa,
- University only for Peruvians).
- Have your migration card with you (in case you spend the night at the Machupicchu town hotel).
- Have on hand bills and coins in small denominations of dollars, euros or soles.
Faq Machu Picchu 1 day tour:
Refund: In the event that InkaTrail.com does not comply with what was agreed, we will refund your deposit.
What time does the tour start?
It starts at 3:50 am. at this time we will pick you up from your hotel,
How long will you be able to explore Machu Picchu after your guided tour?
You will have a few hours of free time to explore the entire citadel.
Will I have enough time to visit the Puerta del Sol and the Inca Bridge?
Yes, it takes about 40 minutes to go up to Puerta del Sol and about 20 minutes to go down. For the Inca Bridge it takes 10 minutes to go and 10 to return.
Can I cross the Inca Bridge?
Unfortunately no, it is blocked.
Will I have time to visit the hot springs of Aguas Calientes?
Yes, with a very organized schedule you will have time to visit Machu Picchu and the hot springs.
If you wish to stay one more night in Aguas Calientes; you can do it by reserving the hotel/hostel of your choice; In Aguas Calientes you can find a variety of lodgings and restaurants around you. You should keep in mind that the prices there are a little higher than in Cusco: for example, a dinner could cost you around 30 soles.
The hot springs are 15 min. from the city on foot and is one of the attractions of Aguas Calientes that is worth knowing and enjoying for the properties and beauty of its waters.