Bike tour in Salt Mines of Maras and Moray
- Full Day
- group Tour
Bike Tour in the Sacred Valley will be done through the way of the Maras and Moray villages, located just one hour from Cusco; we will arrive to the famous salt mines going through a road surrounded by mountains, agricultural plains, and beautiful landscapes.
- Modality: Downhill & Cross-Country Style Biking – Full Day Guided Tour
- Duration: 1 day
- Degree of difficulty: Physical Demand
- Languages: English, Spanish
- Departure Time: 7:00am
- Return time: 6:00 p.m. approximately
- Periods: All year round, recommended April – November
- Maximum height: 3,800 above sea level
- Temperature: Cold in the mornings, hot during the day and with many icy winds during the afternoon.
Itinerary of the Bike Tour in the Sacred Valley:
You will be picked up from the hotel between 7:00 to 7:30am, and then we will go to the Cruzpata Village, place where you will prepare to start your adventure on bicycles, which will be full of adrenaline.
The first point to visit will be Moray know as an Inca agricultural laboratory. You can see a set of concentric terraces, which during the Inca time were used for the acclimatization of different agricultural products. Your guide will give you a wide explanation about this impressive place.
The afternoon schedule is to visit Maras, where you enjoy a delicious local lunch. After lunch you will continue cycling to the Maras Ponds. From halfway the route will be more downhill and you can enjoy this journey intensely with some curves that will make this adventure more intense.
Upon arrival at “Salt Mines”, our guide will explain how was diverted this flow of salt water from underground to reach the thousands of wells located on terraces.
Finally, you will continue during a brief descent to Urubamba town, in order to take the bus back to the Cusco city. Approximately we will arrive in the city of Cusco at 05:00pm.
Do you want to know more adventures in Cusco?
Check our information on adventures such as:
Price of the Bike Tour in the Sacred Valley:
145.00 Dollars per person
Include in the Bike Tour in the Sacred Valley:
- Pick up from hotel
- Professional Guide
- Biking and cycling equipment
- Box Lunch
No Include in the Bike to Tour in the Sacred Valley:
- Personal articles.
- Entrance fee to Moray 70 soles
- Entrance fee to Salt mine 10 soles
what to bring
What you need to bring to the Bike Tour in the Sacred Valley:
- Small backpack
- Rain jacket or poncho (December – April)
- Tennis shoes
- Bottle of water
- Flashlight and batteries
- Hat or cap to protect you from the sun
- Sun block (sun protection cream)
- Insect repellent
- Selection of small snacks, chocolate, dried fruit, biscuits etc
- Camera, plenty of film and spare batteries
- Extra money (soles)