ATV´s in Abode of the Gods and Piuray Lagoon – Half Day Tour
- Half Day
- group Tour
This ATV Abode of the Gods and Piuray Lagoon is located 11 km from the main square of Cusco in a northeast direction, about 20 minutes by car, this undertaking was created by the Cusco sculptor Michael Monteagudo Mejía, whose lithic sculptures (rock work) carved on the skirts of Apu Senqa itself, they are dedicated to the deities and mythical characters of the Inca culture: the Pachamama, El Puma, El Runa, Astral Gate, etc.
- Places to visit on this tour: Abode of the gods, fortress aqueduct and Piuray lagoon
- Modality: Adventure, cultural and ecological
- Duration: 4 hours Half day
- Degree of difficulty: None,
- Languages: English, Spanish
- Departure time of the groups:
- First group 7:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- Second group 1:00 a.m. to 19:30 p.m.
- Periods: All year round, recommended April – November
- Starting point: Plaza de Armas or hotel near the Plaza de Armas
Itinerary of the ATV Abode of the Gods and Piuray Lagoon
We will start the tour by picking you up from your hotel or meeting you near by the main square in order to go to our camp in Sencca sector ( Tica Tica) , located 25 minutes from Cusco. Upon arriving at our ATVs base, our guide will give you an explanation and will have a brief demonstration of how to drive in the ATVs and about the safety standards to take into account throughout our entire journey. After practicing for a few minutes we will be our journey to the Morada de los dios or abode of the gods
Our first stop will be the Adobe of the gods, to appreciate the various sculptures hand-carved cyclops and having a 30 minutes walking tour over there
We will continue our tour having fun on our ATV until arriving the Lagoon of Piuray (sister of the lagoon of Huaypo another lagoons near by of the area) passing through the beautiful villages on our way. When arriving at this beautiful lagoon we can appreciate some birds from season. Finally, we will go towards the area known as “Lookout point of the 5 peaks”, from where you can see the 5 mountains that protect and surround all of the Sacred Valley of the Incas.
We will end the tour by returning to our base, and then board the private transport that will take us back to the center of Cusco, ending our adventure on Shapy Street.
Do you want to know more adventures in Cusco?
Check our information on adventures such as:
Price of the ATV Abode of the Gods and Piuray Lagoon:
40 Dollares per person for Single Seat ATV
60 Dolllars per person Two Seat ATV
What it includes in the ATV Abode of the Gods and Piuray Lagoon:
- Pick up and transfer in our private transport to the base camp.
- Briefing and instructional practice with ATVs – Quads.
- Safety equipment.
- Guided Tour – Abode of the Gods.
- Return to Cusco in our private mobility.
- Protocols for Covid19.
Does not include in the ATV Abode of the Gods and Piuray Lagoon:
- Tips for the guide and the driver
- Entrance fee to Morada de los Diose 10 soles per person
what to bring
What you need to bring to the ATV Abode of the Gods and Piuray Lagoon:
- Small daypack or backpack (approximately 20L)
- 1 exchange of cloths because there is a fair amount of dust that kicks up.
- Comfortable, lightweight clothes or activewear (layers recommended)
- Comfortable shoes
- Waterproof jacket or rain poncho
- Hand sanitizer
- Sun hat or cap
- Water (at least 1L)
- Cash (in small denominations of Peruvian nuevo soles)