Rainbow Mountain Trek Full Day
- Full Day
- group Tour
Rainbow Mountain Trek Full Day, The Vinicunca Mountain, better known as the Rainbow Mountain, is one of the most impressive mountains of the Apu Ausangate. Vinicunca (Rainbow Mountain), has currently become the second most visited destination in Peru, after Machu Picchu. The hike to the rainbow mountain will take around 2 hours and is a distance of 4 kilometers (2.5 miles).
- Modality: Hike, Adventure, Ecological
- Duration: 1 day
- Degree of difficulty: Mondera
- Languages: English, Spanish
- Departure Time: From 4:30am
- Return time: 5: 00pm approximately
- Periods: All year round, recommended April – November
- Maximum height: 5,030 meters above sea level
- Temperature: Cold in the mornings, hot during the day and with many icy winds during the afternoon.
Itinerary Rainbow Mountain Trek Full Day
Cusco – Cusipata – Chirihuani – Rainbow Mountain – Cusco
The 7 Colors Mountain Hike or tour: The adventure begins very early at 04:30 a.m. We will start the pick-up from your different hotels until 05:00 a.m., and then we will go to the picturesque Chirihuani town center of the Cusipata district (Quispicanchi) to the south of the city of Cusco, where we will make a stop to enjoy a delicious semi-buffet breakfast
Then we return to our transportation to go to Phullapatawasi. Starting point of our hike, We will start our hike for 1 HOUR AND 30 MINUTES, up the mountain until we reach the foothills of the RED VALLEY (Vinicunca hill), access point to this mystical place.
We will walk along a path that little by little will change the panorama between mountains of intense colors and small streams of frozen water that feed and give life to this valley, as we walk we will observe how the colors around us will change due to the weather, we will arrive at a height of 5020 meters above sea level. Top of the mysterious mountain of 7 colors (Vinicunca).
This will be the point where we will have enough time to take photos, videos, etc. After such an exquisite experience, we will undertake the return walk to Phullapatawasi, where we will board the transportation that will take us to Cusipata, where we will have a delicious buffet lunch. Later, we will return to Cusco, arriving at around 5:00 p.m.
OPTIONAL: You have the option of renting a horse if you don’t want to walk or feel tired round trip 80 soles.
Do you want to know more adventures in Cusco?
Check our information on adventures such as:
Price Rainbow Mountain Trek Full Day
- 100.00 soles per person for a group service
We also offer Rainbow Mountain Trek in private service and the cost is based on your group size.
2 to 6 participants: $250 total
7 to 13 participants: $350 total
14 or more: Will be arranged and priced by your tour representative.
NOTE: We sometimes offer to combine private tours (with your permission) into smaller groups with a discount. Let us know if you would be open to others joining you.
What it includes in Rainbow Mountain Trek Full Day:
- professional guide
- Pick up from your hotel
- Transportation Cusco – Phullapatawasi- Cusco
- Meals 01 Breakfast- 01 Lunch
- Bilingual accredited professional guide
- First aid kit / oxygen
Does not include in Rainbow Mountain Trek Full Day:
- Entrance to the Rainbow Mountain (30 soles per person for foreigners)
- Tips for the guide and driver (optional)
what to bring
What to bring in Rainbow Mountain Trek Full Day:
- Small daypack or backpack (approximately 20L)
- Comfortable, lightweight trekking clothes or activewear (layers recommended)
- Comfortable hiking shoes with good ankle support and traction
- Waterproof jacket or rain poncho
- Warm coat
- Hat and gloves
- Hand sanitizer
- Sun hat or cap
- Water (at least 1L)
- Personal medications
- Muscle relaxers
- Painkillers or anti inflammatory
- Band-Aids (especially those designed for blisters)
- Your own medical kit with any special medications you may need, SOROCHI PHILS, blister protection, etc.
- Toilet paper
- Cash (in small denominations of Peruvian nuevo soles)